Michigan Business LawyerA Boutique Law Practice Focused on Litigation, Business Law, Real Estate Law, and Family Law Cases
I am a Michigan attorney, with a boutique practice focused on litigation, business law, real estate law, and family law cases. I have over 15 years of experience in helping clients with a wide variety of legal matters.
I was born and raised in Michigan, attended college in West Michigan and law school in Detroit, Michigan. I have represented clients throughout the State of Michigan during my career. My clients have included individuals, small businesses, large companies, and even large international law firms that needed assistance with local Michigan matters.
A large part of my practice is devoted to representing clients in Michigan civil litigation cases. Most of my civil litigation cases involve business or real estate disputes. This means I am a Michigan business lawyer who helps my clients resolve business and real estate disputes in Michigan state and federal courts, and in alternative dispute resolution venues such as mediation, facilitation, and arbitration.
My civil litigation cases include general business and commercial disputes, breach of contract cases, business torts, trade secret and non-compete litigation, temporary and preliminary injunction proceedings, Michigan sales commission disputes, collection cases, employment law cases, real estate disputes, trust, estate and probate litigation, and many other kinds of legal disputes.
I represent litigation clients primarily in the Metro Detroit area, and am very familiar with the Circuit Courts in Oakland, Wayne, Macomb, and Washtenaw Counties. In particular, I regularly represent clients in the specialized Michigan business court dockets in Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb Counties. I also have significant experience representing clients in both the Eastern and Western Federal District Courts in Michigan, as well as in the Federal Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Business and Real Estate Transactions
In addition to my litigation practice, I provide legal representation to clients in a wide variety of business and real estate transactions.
I represent business start-ups in the beginning stages of their ventures, and help them resolve all kinds of legal issues related to growing a business. For example, I help business clients set up Michigan corporations and limited liability companies (LLC's) and provide them with guidance through the often confusing maze of issues faced when starting a business in Michigan.
I also offer legal services to established business clients. I counsel business clients on general contract issues, employment law matters, non-compete agreements, franchise matters, real estate purchases, leases and contracts, as well as many other kinds of business transactions and agreements.
My goal in representing clients in business and real estate transactions is to help them facilitate and achieve their goals on the best terms and in the most cost effective manner possible under the circumstances.
Family Law Cases
In addition to my civil litigation, business law, and real estate law services, I also provide clients with representation in family law cases, including divorce, property division, child custody, spousal support and alimony, post-judgment modifications, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
These sorts of cases are of the utmost importance to clients because they have a direct impact on their lives and the lives of their family members. I work diligently to help my clients resolve difficult family law issues and obtain the peace of mind they seek to achieve in these types cases.
Focused on Helping Clients Achieve Their Goals
As a Michigan attorney, I understand that clients come to me to help them solve their problems and get results. My goal is to provide each of my clients with the highest quality, specialized representation possible. I focus all of my efforts on working with my clients to achieve the results they seek.
Explore My Website or Contact Me for More Information
Please feel free to explore the links above to see how I can help you with your legal needs. Also, please feel free to contact me by telephone or email if you have any questions about my law practice or would like any additional information on how I can help you with your legal needs.
- Michael J. Hamblin Named a 2016 Super Lawyer for Business Litigation.
- Michael J. Hamblin Named a 2015 Super Lawyer for Business Litigation.
- Michael J. Hamblin Serves as Panelist for Franchise Law Seminar at Cooley Law School.
- Michael J. Hamblin Serves as Co-Captain for 2015 Oakland County Circuit Court Bench/Bar Conference
- Michael J. Hamblin Serves as Judge for First Year Moot Court Program at Wayne State University Law School.
- Michael J. Hamblin Named a 2014 Top Michigan Attorney by Crain's Detroit Business and Hour Detroit Magazine.
- Michael J. Hamblin Co-Presents "Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions” at the Oakland County Bar Association, Inns of Court.
- Michael J. Hamblin Speaks at National Business Institute Seminar in Toledo, Ohio on Legal Issues for Nonprofit Organizations.
- Michael J. Hamblin Named a 2014 Super Lawyer for Business Litigation.
- Michael J. Hamblin Appointed Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association Employment Law Committee.
- Michael J. Hamblin Is Featured Source for "Use Medical Content to Attract Traffic to Your Website, Patients to Your Practice," in Part B News
- Michael J. Hamblin Co-Presents "Electronic Discovery Issues” at the Oakland County Bar Association, Inns of Court.
- Michael J. Hamblin Serves as Panelist for Annual Oakland County Bar Association’s OCBABC’s of Practice Seminar Series: “You Have a Law Degree, Now What?”
- Michael J. Hamblin Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- Michael J. Hamblin Gives Seminar on Nonprofit Organizations at the ASI National Convention in Orlando, Florida
- Michael J. Hamblin Appointed Vice Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association Employment Law Committee
- Michael J. Hamblin Speaks at National Business Institute Seminar in Southfield, Michigan on "Tax Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish"
- Michael J. Hamblin Is Featured Source for “Protect Your Practice – Carefully – Against Negative Online Reviews,” in Part B News
- Michael J. Hamblin Serves as Panelist for Oakland County Bar Association’s OCBABC’s of Practice Seminar Series: “You Have a Law Degree, Now What?”